Monday, August 11, 2008

Aint No Sunshine Now He's Gone.... Ike

Isaac Hayes died yesterday(10 August 2008) aged 65 and so passes another legend in the pantheon of music(dom). His name will be remembered and his works live on and on. I had the good fortune to meet the great man and sit down and rap with him on several occasions. He was indeed an imensely humble character and a gentleman of the first order. He was an inspiration to me and a giant in the industry. He told me many stories about his exploits which I would love to share with you all at some more appropriate time in the future. The nature of these are such that this would be an inappropriate time to recount them here and now. Let us all give a big sigh, wipe that tear from the eye and celebrate the works of this great man now sadly deceased.

I Stand Accused Isaac Hayes

url: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GWWNxBNlyQ

King King

No comments: