Sunday, September 21, 2008

Thats it - I am quitting 3

I have always been an advocate of the mobile phone network '3' but the time has come for me to hang my old phone up and embrace something different, what caused this? Being told its "not my problem" by their support team after they sent out the wrong phone to a customer (my mother) and that because she had started using it, she was stuck with it. Honestly, I didn't expect to win the discussion, but I was unprepared for the rudeness, email to the boss man in the morning I think!

Question is what next? I have to say I am not seriously tempted by the iPhone - which is almost unthinkable as I blasted it only a year ago as overhyped and technically dated! A few flaws (no A2DP, so can't play it on my bluetooth car stereo, or with bluetooth headphones, neither of which I have, no video taking ablility)... I would love to stay away from the Cult of the Mac syndrome so many techy geeks fall into, but it has to be said I am drawn to the device! Will I succumb? Watch this space ... I am a techno geek and it seems to fit certain requirements ....!

All I know is that after the treatment of my mother by Three, the lack of decent 'incentives' to be a loyal customer' (currently due an upgrade and they keep telling me what I should buy as opposed to listening to what I want...

I am not holding out much hope for staying with them!

No comments: