Thursday, May 1, 2008

How to know what really is good music ...

People have been talking about web 2.0 for ages, but I have to confess I just hate buzz words - I work in the web world and I have to be honest I am a serious geek - that said I hate the way everyone uses buzz words to describe anything and everything - but I think Last FM is very cool

For those who don't know one part of it is a small application you download and it 'spies' on what you listen to, through anything from itunes through to winamp or what ever else - it does some cool stuff with this data for example suggesting other music you might like, ranking tracks and more ... it ranks tracks not on sales and single plays but on all plays - so the tracks that ou bought and listen to regularly -the real quality - it ranks higher! This to me is cool. it knows the quality stuff - number two is the Beatles - number one is probably thanks to the new free single - Cold Play.

No comments: