Tuesday, June 24, 2008

BLACK MANalishi?




Black Manalishi! Black Man a whaa? Black Manalishi! And if you haven’t heard of them let me tell you that these boys are off the leash and coming to get you. They are the real deal rock for real bluesRock RockBlues mix up mash upside you head Don Dada of undiscovered rock. You know what? I only came across them very recently and I don’t understand why they are not HUGE. Now I’m no Rock or Rock’n’Blues expert but Black Manalishi have got a vibe that is so Rock funky that it don’t really make sense to call them a Rock band. In fact I really don’t know what to call them. Colin Murray, BBC Radio 1 dubbed them: "Rock n' f*ckin' roll!!!" Yeah! kinda ses it for me. They're Purple, they're Cream , they're Free all rolled into one. And whether you think you are a rockNblues, bluesNrock, ClassicRock fan or not; you gotta admit that they have got it going on. Zep were the 70's and led that shit back then; Manalishi are the milenium and as HARD as any ROCK an a hard place you gonna find yo'self in.

I was sitting in my mates car on the way to the studio when he pulled out the mellow CD that I was enjoying and said “Tell me what you think of this” So he put it on. And I thought hoy hoy what the fuck’s he up to he knows I’m a RnB, Blues, Folk, Reggae, Jazzy Kinda guy, what the hell is he doing assaulting me with this hard rock bizniz for. So I’m kinda sceptically listening to this rock ting and then it starts morphing into Whhaaay whats going on here ting and I find myself nodding and bobbing and saying OK. And now I’m a little bit embarrassed because the first track has finished and it really wasn’t that bad. So we’re into track number two and it’s getting even better. By the time the third track kicks in I’m Head banging and jumping up and down in my seat and saying yeah! yeah! And he’s just smiling and ses: they’re not bad are they? And I goes: "they’re better than not bad mate. They're ****** **** ******** ******* * ********* ".

By the time we got to track 11, I was at fever pitch an then the first strains of Jack’s Gone to Hell started to pump from the stereo and I’ve just gone TURN THAT MOTHER ****** UP. And he’s turned it up, the roof is down and now I’m practically tantric-flying of my seat, arms stabbing in the air, head banging to the beat and we’re thrashing down the motorway. Everyone's looking at us as we fly by, thinking what the ***. Some smiling, some waving back and some in just plain shock.

We played it all the way rewinding certain tracks two or three times. Well! Talk about adrenaline? By the time we got to the studio I was so pumped up that I could have taken Tyson.

Now, my point is that any band who can have that effect on a middle aged black man with eclectic tastes but not particularly rock orientated has got to be worth big bucks from the record labels out there. Who are these guys? Are they deaf? Something needs shaking up in the industry if they haven’t snapped these guys up by now.

I’m gonna start a Release the Black Man alishi 4! campaign: Say after me: “Black Manalishi!” “Black Manalishi!”...


http://www.blackmanalishi.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These comments are great but seeing is beleiving,go and see them. I have and i do. This is musical history in the making, be there be part of it.

Brian Moore.