Wednesday, June 25, 2008

LONG LIVE NELSON MANDELA

Probably Nelson Mandela's last public appearance in this country. He is to be the guest of honour on Friday (27 June 08) at a huge party in Hyde Park to celebrate his 90th birthday.

The worlds most respected and beloved president who turns 90 on July 18, will be feted by world dignitaries and celebs including former US president Bill Clinton and Hil, Prime Minister Gordon Brown, princes William and Harry and actors Robert De Niro and Forest Whitaker. Amy (Wil she Won't she) Winehouse. The event will be hosted by Will Smith and his wife Jada Pinkett. Oprah's going to be there. The roster will include a truly star studded line-up led by Queen, Leona Lewis, Annie Lennox Dame Shirley Bassey, Simple Minds and Razorlight are also booked to perform alongside Sugababes, Andrea and Sharon Corr, Eddy Grant, Italian star Zucchero and Spanish group Amaral. And an ex child soldier who is now a big thing on the rap scen: Emanuelle Jai (who Mr Mandela persoanaly requested appear at his birthday bash.... What an honour for the young man) The now internationally famous Soweto Gospel Choir will be doing a special set for their former president.

Nelson Madeba Mandela will be joined by an audience of some 46,664 (his old prison number which has been adopted as the name of the Aids charity that he is the patron of.

There is a rumour that there are a number of artists who are being kept as secret participants as a birthday surprise for the Nobel Peace Prize laureate and the audience. speculators recon that among these are: Miriam Makeba Hugh Masekela the spice girls, Eminem, and U2. Mr Mandela has said that he is looking forward to the event and that although he is retired he cannot resist the opportunity to use the event of his 90th birthday to raise funds for the charitable organisations that bear his name. He said "We have a bargain - I am going to London and they will host a concert in Hyde Park, which will raise awareness of our continuing work and much needed funds."

If you are going along then take as many pictures as you can share them with us here at Mixit.TV; have a really great time and remember it is all in a great cause.

Alexzanda Gordon-King
There now follows a personal statement from myself to uncle Nelson:

PS: Thank you Madeba! Thank you for at long last breaking your self enforced silence on the criminally repugnant activities of your next door neighbour: Mugabe and his detestable cabal. I salute you my President for having said that you have retired and will no more comment on international affairs ; you stand up. You stand up and say STOP! You are standing up and making it clear that Mugabe's behaviour is not acceptable to us, whether it be Africa or anywhere on the planet. You say loud and clear that it should not be tolerated. I hope and trust that your brother leaders within the continent will now band together and follow your example and say: STOP MUGABE Enough is enough! How could a man I/we had admired so long have sunk so low and made/ make us all look so bad/feel so bad? Long Live Mandela I say! Long live Mandela.

4 comments:

Camcordermans birds eye view said...

No hard feelings i hope Over Cam man. But found out i share my birthday with Mr Mandela but 50 years apart, and so me a few friends will be there ill send you some photos of the day

KING KING said...

Happy birth to both you and Nelson on your B day. Hope you capture some great shots of the celebrations and celebs in the park. If you do would be happy to look at them and publish up on Mixit if they are good. No hard feelings ever about anything said or imagined. Now let's get this show on the road. May even see you down there later. I'll buy you that drink I promised. What was it again? Dom P... Did you say Case of?

Anonymous said...

“Happy Birthday 2 me Happy Birthday 2 me” and thank you for being the first to wish me a great day.

I Cant believe im 40,anyhow im not going to be able to attend Nelson's and my own celebrations in the park now. But the good news is as the invites have all been sent out and the Caterer's have booked months in advance the least i could do was allow everyone to still attend and enjoy their selves on my and Mr Manadela Special day. But i also bring forth the news that myself and Camcorder Guy have parted companyas as a Mr&Mrs and have gone are separate ways.

Again thanks for Birthday Greetings and the case of Dom P very chilled My Darling but of course, nothing else for would do to mark such a special day, im afraid you will have to have one of the staff put it back in the celllar until are paths hopefully cross one day soon

Love and Good Wishes to all at Mixit.TV from Debs xxx (AKA Camcorder Guy Mrs)

http://camcordermansbirdseyeview.blogspot.com/

KING KING said...

Dear Debs,

I am so sorry to hear that you and the eponymous camcorder guy are no longer an item. I am truly disconsolate. I hope it was nothing I said and although I suspect the answer is no. I hope you will confirm that I did not inadvertently stir up or spark anything negative between you. The truth is that I really did and do like and respect your ex and I have nothing but high esteem and regard for you. A loyal lady who thought her guy was under attack and stood up to defend his honour to the max. You are a queen my dear and evidently a very special lady.

Please don't be a stranger to us over on Mixit. You are a very extraordinary and talented raconteur and I hope we can head hunt you from your own site to make contributions on ours from time to time. I do hope you will accept this invitation and join us.

Please say that this is not the last time we will be hearing from you.

Till whenever, I hope that this your 40th year will be a bountiful, happy and fulfilling one for you. I hope you find and enjoy every happiness. I hope 40 is the first of a succession of magic numbers 4 U.

Take care and God Bless.

Alexzanda
Posing as KING KING